SCROLL TO BOTTOM TO COMPLETE ONLINE APPLICATION!
JOB TITLE: Plasma Table Operator
SUPERVISOR: Production Supervisor
Responsibilities include setting-up and operating CNC plasma table to cut parts from steel sheet & plate in accordance with engineered drawings or written directives. Duties will also include machine maintenance and dressing steel parts using hand tools and various types of power equipment.
- Plan machining by reviewing work orders, engineered drawings, material specifications, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters.
- Load stock steel and unload cut parts from the machine cutting surface.
- Program computerized controls to regulate machining factors, such as speed of cut, flow, feed and angle in accordance with thickness and type of steel.
- Verify settings meet cutting requirements by measuring positions, first-run parts, and sample work pieces.
- Palletize cut parts in an orderly and systematic manner.
- Operate tools, equipment and machinery with caution to prevent damage or injury to self or others.
- Properly discard scrap materials generated by the cutting of stock plate steel.
- Maintain organized storage of stock steel on racks.
- Clean fabricated steel parts by deburring, drilling, buffing, etc. using hand power tools and or company equipment.
- Transfer raw materials or fabricated parts/products within or between departments.
- Maintain and clean associated machinery as necessary.
- Operate overhead crane and devices used for the lifting of applicable steel objects.
- Observe the workplace safety standards set forth by the company, including but not limited to, wearing personal protective equipment, completing routine maintenance tasks, and communicating potential hazards to co-workers and management.
- Perform work in an organized and productive manner to ensure target completion dates can be achieved.
- Pay close attention to detail working to achieve error-free performance.
- Maintain a safe, clean and orderly work area.
- Follow policies, procedures, work methods, directives and work rules established by company management.
- Physical exertion requiring full and unrestricted use of all limbs and body movements.
- Ability to lift items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Sporadic outdoor work will expose the employee to adverse weather conditions and geographical temperature extremes.
- Shop environment will expose the employee to dirt, dust, grease, chemicals, sparks and loud noises.
- Working with or in close proximity to powered equipment, tools and machinery will require normal vision and hearing, or any deficiencies correctable to within normal ranges.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
General knowledge of manufacturing tools and machinery, including their design, operation, maintenance and repair; an understanding of basic mathematics; comprehension and application of verbal and written instructions; to read and apply engineered drawings, specifications and manuals; to develop and maintain effective working relationships with associates; to use measuring devices; to prioritize, schedule and complete projects efficiently while working with minimum supervision; and to perform other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM EMPLOYMENT QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or equivalency.
- One (1) year of industry specific experience including knowledge of the practices and machinery used for the fabrication of steel parts and operation of CNC cutting machinery.
- Possession of applicable personal hand, air and power tools.
- Willingness to work overtime as required.
- Forklift operation experience preferred.