Under general supervision, is responsible for the timely purchase and distribution of parts to customers and to satisfy the inventory requirements of the Company.
ILLUSTRATED RESPONSIBILITIES (Examples only) additional duties may be required
- Maintain a balanced parts inventory consistent with the requirements of the company production schedules and customer orders.
- Assist in establishing part pricing parameters that will generate sufficient gross profit while maintaining customer loyalty.
- Work with company supervision to ensure a timely scheduling of the parts required for internal jobs.
- Communicate with vendor manufacturers and suppliers to obtain the best product or service, information, price, availability, and delivery schedule.
- Readily manage customer communications efficiently and thoroughly to ensure maximum satisfaction.
- Coordinate a prompt, organized and timely flow of work documents to the appropriate individuals.
- Direct shipping and receiving efforts to ensure timely processing.
- Assist in analyzing departmental storage layout and revise as required for maximum effectiveness.
- Oversee the daily operation of the parts department and its associated staff.
- Ensure that all returned, defective or warranty parts are properly coded and inventoried, so credit from vendors or suppliers can be achieved.
- Maintain computerized records as required by the company.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers, suppliers, and vendors.
- Comply with policies, procedures, and protocols established by company management and directives communicated by supervision.
- Comply with company safety requirements which includes wearing PPE, completing maintenance requests and communicating potential hazards to management.
- Physical exertion necessitating full and unrestricted use of all limbs, major muscle groups and body movements.
- Ability to lift parts or material that weighs up to 50 pounds.
- Sporadic outside work will expose the employee to adverse weather conditions which may require the ability to tolerate extremes in temperature and weather conditions.
- Shop environment will expose the employee to dirt, dust, grease, chemicals, sparks and loud noises.
- Fast paced office environment with daily position related responsibilities.
- Frequent interruptions due to greeting and answering phones.
- Sitting and typing on a computer.
- Normal vision and hearing accuracy required or have any deficiency correctable to within normal ranges due to the requirement to operate phones and office equipment.
NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Sound knowledge of the parts, hardware, supplies and components utilized for steel fabrication and mechanical systems installations on motorized trucks ~ ability to direct people and projects ~ ability to multitask and make sound decisions ~ ability to rationally communicate with difficult customers ~ possess sound interpersonal and communication skills ~ ability to understand and carry out verbal and written instructions ~ ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with associates ~ ability to organize, prioritize, schedule and complete projects efficiently. Employee may be required to perform the duties of a different classification.
MINIMUM EMPLOYMENT QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or equivalency.
- Associates Degree or equal from Vocational/Trade/Technical school preferred.
- Industry specific knowledge of the components utilized for steel fabrication and mechanical systems installation on motorized vehicles.
- One (1) year of previous parts management experience.
- Knowledge of computer and software use including Windows, Explorer, Outlook, Office, and Access.
- Willingness to work overtime as required.
- Forklift operation experience preferred.