JOB TITLE: INSIDE SALES REPRESENTATIVE
SUPERVISOR: Operations Manager
Under general supervision, is responsible to sell CRE equipment and services, to actively develop, strengthen, and maintain positive and productive relationships with established customers, and to identifying sales opportunities by researching and soliciting new potential accounts. Duties will also include assisting customers with technical questions, issues or problems.
- Provide direct support to the Outside Sales staff.
- Research questions regarding order status, lead-times and pricing.
- Develop, strengthen and maintain positive and productive relationships with existing customers.
- Assist customers with any technical questions, issues or problems regarding Company products or services.
- Look for opportunities to positively affect gross margin and implement them when appropriate.
- Enter accurate customer orders into company computers, verifying that pricing and scheduling coincides with information received from distributors.
- Represent the Company in a professional and courteous manner when interacting with all customers.
- Provide information for parts and accessory sales and operator or installation manuals.
- Attend regular production meetings and provide reports as necessary.
- Proactively create opportunities for new business with existing and new customers.
- Interpret specifications and prepare accurate and timely estimates or quotes.
- Handle incoming calls from sales prospects and walk-in customers.
- Perform final or pre-delivery inspections of completed truck equipment installations.
- Follow policies, procedures, work methods, directives and work rules established by Company management.
- Sporadic outside work may expose the employee to adverse weather conditions which may require the ability to tolerate extremes in temperature and weather conditions.
- Shop environment will expose the employee to dirt, dust, grease, chemicals, sparks, heat and loud noises.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Industry specific knowledge of steel manufacturing, truck chassis and related component installations; strong technical, reasoning and independent decision making skills; ability to deal effectively and professionally by phone; ability to deal with difficult customers; strong communication and presentation skills; ability to understand and carry out verbal and written instructions; ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with associates; ability to prioritize, schedule and complete projects efficiently. Employee may be required to perform the duties of a different classification.
MINIMUM EMPLOYMENT QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or equivalency.
- Associates Degree or equal from Vocational/Trade/Technical school preferred.
- One (1) year of previous industry specific sales experience.
- Sound knowledge of computer and software use including Microsoft Windows, Explorer, Outlook, Office and Access.
- Willingness to work overtime as required.
- Forklift operation experience preferred.