Scroll to bottom to complete online application!
JOB TITLE: HYDRAULIC SYSTEMS INSTALLATION TECHNICIAN
SUPERVISOR: OPERATIONS MANAGER
Under supervision, is responsible for the installation of hydraulic fluid controlled systems and related components onto various types of motorized commercial truck chassis. Duties may also include the maintenance, modification or repair of stated components.
- Read, understand and apply technical information contained in third party manufacturer manuals or company build documents.
- Determine best location for systems installation on vehicle chassis’ and route systems accordingly.
- Prepare hydraulic hoses by cutting to length and installing appropriate couplers or fittings.
- Install and make functional hydraulic fluid controlled accessories, components, hoses, valves, pumps, tanks, etc. on vehicle chassis’ in accordance with company and customer requirements.
- Modify chassis manufacturer components if necessary.
- Test installed systems for proper function.
- Tie-up and shield hydraulic hoses according to company standards.
- Maintain written records of installation or repair work to track activities ensuring work is fully documented.
- Work in a safe manner following company safety requirements which includes wearing personal protective equipment, completing maintenance requests and communicating potential hazards to co-workers and supervision.
- Organize and perform work in a timely and productive manner at a pace that ensures the completion will be within the time-frame specified by the customer and agreed upon by the company.
- Pay close attention to detail working to achieve error-free performance.
- Maintain a safe, clean and orderly work area.
- Follow policies, procedures, work methods, directives and work rules established by company management.
- Physical exertion necessitating full and unrestricted use of all limbs, major muscle groups and body movements.
- Ability to lift parts or material that weighs up to 50 pounds.
- Sporadic outside work will expose the employee to adverse weather conditions which may require the ability to tolerate extremes in temperature and weather conditions.
- Shop environment will expose the employee to dirt, dust, grease, chemicals, sparks and loud noises.
- Working within close proximity of equipment, power tools and machinery will require normal vision and hearing accuracy or any deficiency correctable to within normal ranges.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Sound knowledge of the standard practices, methods, tools, equipment and machinery of the trade; mechanical experience including familiarity of fluid controlled systems; ability to use and read fluid system testing equipment; ability understand basic mathematics; ability to use measuring devices; ability to think logically and work accurately; ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with associates; ability comprehend and apply verbal and written instructions; ability to prioritize, schedule and complete projects efficiently; and the ability to work with minimum supervision. Employee may be required to perform the duties of a different classification.
MINIMUM EMPLOYMENT QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or equivalency.
- Associates Degree or equal from Vocational/Trade/Technical school preferred.
- Industry specific experience including installation and troubleshooting knowledge of hydraulic fluid controlled systems.
- Possession of applicable personal hand, air and power tools.
- Willingness to work overtime as required.
- Forklift operation experience preferred.