SCROLL TO BOTTOM TO COMPLETE ONLINE APPLICATION!
JOB TITLE: FITTER / WELDER
SUPERVISOR: Operations Manager
Under supervision, is responsible for the set-up and operation of welding equipment and to assemble, tack and weld various types of fabricated steel parts. Duties will also include reading and applying information from engineered drawings to the assembly of manufactured products.
- Read, understand and apply technical information contained in engineered drawings, specifications or manuals to the assembly of manufactured parts.
- Modify, arrange and assemble components into final products by cutting, burning, grinding and welding various types of fabricated mild and stainless steel.
- Weld in various positions including but not limited to flat, horizontal, vertical or overhead using flux core and hard wire mig and or tig welding methods.
- Clean and prepare surfaces for welding and set-up, assemble, and tack weld parts together.
- Heat, form, and dress steel parts using hand tools, shop machines, gas torch or hand plasma equipment.
- Develop templates, fixtures or other work aids to hold and align parts during assembly.
- Ensure correct fit or alignment of parts during assembly by utilizing measuring devices and trade associated tools that aid in aligning and securing parts in-place.
- Operate overhead crane and devices utilized for the lifting of applicable steel objects.
- Pay close attention to detail working to achieve error-free performance.
- Maintain a safe, clean and orderly work area.
- Work in a safe manner following Company safety requirements which includes wearing personal protective equipment, completing maintenance requests and communicating hazards to co-workers and management.
- Organize and perform work in a timely and productive manner at a pace that ensures the completion will be within the time-frame specified by the customer and agreed upon by the Company.
- Operate tools, equipment and machinery with caution to prevent damage or injury to self or others.
- Follow policies, procedures, work methods, directives and work rules established by Company management.
- Physical exertion necessitating full and unrestricted use of all limbs, major muscle groups and body movements.
- Ability to lift parts or material that weighs up to 50 pounds.
- Sporadic outside work will expose the employee to adverse weather conditions which may require the ability to tolerate extremes in temperature and weather conditions.
- Shop environment will expose the employee to dirt, dust, grease, chemicals, sparks, heat and loud noises.
- Working within close proximity of equipment, power tools and machinery will require normal vision and hearing accuracy or any deficiency correctable to within normal ranges.
NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Sound knowledge of the standard practices, methods, tools and equipment of the trade; ability to produce quality welds in various different positions; ability to apply mathematics to problem solving; ability to use precision measuring devices; ability to assemble components in a certain order or pattern; ability to problem solve for maximum productivity; ability to understand and carry out verbal and written instructions; ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with associates; ability to read and interpret engineered drawings, specifications or manuals; ability to plan welding operations where procedural information is unavailable; ability to prioritize, schedule and complete projects efficiently; and the ability to work with minimum supervision. Employee may be required to perform the duties of a different classification.
MINIMUM EMPLOYMENT QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or equivalency.
- Associates Degree or equal from Vocational/Trade/Technical school preferred.
- Two (2) years of industry specific experience including knowledge of the various types of welding methods and practices.
- Personal hand, air and power tools.
- Willingness to work overtime as required.
- Forklift operation experience preferred.