SCROLL TO BOTTOM TO COMPLETE ONLINE APPLICATION!
JOB TITLE: GENERAL LABOR / PARTS CLEANING
SUPERVISOR: Manufacturing Supervisor
Under supervision, is responsible for performing a variety of basic labor tasks including the removal of dross, chips, and stains produced during the welding of steel & stainless-steel parts and products.
- Load and unload shipments.
- Wash and prepare machinery and trucks for customer delivery.
- Remove stains on welded stainless-steel with the use of company passivation machine or other relative processes.
- Clean steel parts by deburring, drilling, buffing, sanding, grinding, etc. utilizing hand power tools and / or company machinery.
- Cleaning, repairing and lubricating tools, equipment or machinery.
- Aid company employees with all types of assigned tasks.
- Transfers raw materials or manufactured parts/products between departments.
- Maintain a safe, clean and orderly work areas.
- Organize and perform assigned work in a timely and productive manner.
- Follow policies, procedures, work methods, directives and work rules established by company management.
- Work in a safe manner following company safety requirements which includes wearing personal protective equipment, completing maintenance requests and communicating potential hazards to co-workers and supervision.
- Physical exertion necessitating full and unrestricted use of all limbs, major muscle groups and body movements.
- Ability to lift parts or material that weighs up to 50 pounds.
- Sporadic outside work will expose the employee to adverse weather conditions which may require the ability to tolerate extremes in temperature and weather conditions.
- Shop environment will expose the employee to dirt, dust, grease, chemicals, sparks and loud noises.
- Working within close proximity of equipment, power tools and machinery will require normal vision and hearing accuracy or any deficiency correctable to within normal ranges.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Basic familiarity with the operation of hand tools, equipment, and machinery relative to the manufacturing industry; ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with associates; ability comprehend and apply verbal and written instructions; ability to prioritize, schedule and complete projects efficiently. Employee may be required to perform the duties of a different classification
MINIMUM EMPLOYMENT QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or equivalency.
- Possession of personal hand, air and power tools preferred.
- Willingness to work overtime as required.
- Forklift operation experience preferred.